Total Pageviews

27 Apr 2009

Famous Scottish Eltonites

Ewan Gordon McGregor was born March 31, 1971 in Crieff, Scotland. At 16, he left Crieff and Morrison Academy to join the Perth Repertory Theatre. McGregor studied drama for a year at Kirkcaldly in Fife, then enrolled at London's Guildhall School of Music and Drama for a three-year course. In 1999, McGregor starred in the blockbuster Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace as the young Obi-Wan Kenobi, a role originally made famous by Sir Alec Guinness in the original Star Wars trilogy. He crooned with and pined for Nicole Kidman in the award-winning Moulin Rouge.

David Sneddon was born on 15 September 1978, in Paisley, Scotland. He is a singer songwriter and one of the most musically gifted contestants to win a TV talent search. Sneddon has written chart hits worldwide for other artists and co-wrote the international hit "The Message" for UK soul artist Nate James. He studied music at school, and played lead roles in musicals both at school and at PACE Youth Theatre. "The person who has inspired me the most is Elton John. I love the Beatles, but as I was growing up, I always wanted to play the piano like him. I've never had any lessons, so he has been my only teacher.

No comments: